[R] Incomplete output with `sn' library package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Aug 30 11:47:03 CEST 2007

MANASI VYDYANATH wrote:
> Dear R users:
> I have a question regarding the output for two of the functions in
> the `sn' package, which deals with the mle fitting of skew normal
> curves to linear regressions. I'm using the examples and the dataset
> given as an example in the online documentation for this package, for
> the functions `msn.fit' and `msn.mle'. I'm following the example code
> in the documentation for these two functions exactly.
> Part of the data output is supposed to be "se", which gives the
> standard errors of the estimated coefficients. This particular value
> comes out as being "NA" in the examples given, but there are three
> coefficients in each case and no numerical problems about why the
> standard errors cannot be calculated.
> Am I setting this program up right? Is there some other command I
> should use (or an option I need to use) to get the output to display
> standard errors of the coefficients?

We cannot know if you use it right, since you have not given any details on

OS, R version, sn version, and particularly a reproducible example.

As each R-help message tells in the footer:

"PLEASE do read the posting guide
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code."

Uwe Ligges