[R] Excel

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 07:34:01 CEST 2007

As far as I understand, changing the format changes
the way data is displayed by Excel but this does not
change the data itself - if while reading the data
Excel decided that it was a date, it is being
converted to an integer (the number of days since
January 1, 1900 - and they mistakenly think that 1900
was a leap year) and it is stored this way.