[R] changing text direction of mtext

squall44 tobias.minder at bluewin.ch
Fri Aug 24 10:11:08 CEST 2007

Thanks for your answers, Matthew and Uwe.

I used...

par(las=1)
mtext(side=2)

...and then I adjusted it using 'padj'.

The problem is that if I change the proportions of the graph, the mtext will
move up or down (relativly to the y-axis).

By not using 'par', I can use 'adj' instead of 'padj' to adjust the mtext
vertically. That way, the mtext not move relativly to the y-axis.

Can anyone help me to get around this problem, please?
Thx Tobias