[R] divided scatter plots

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Thu Aug 23 18:57:08 CEST 2007

Does the following code do something like what you want (but with the
built in data):

> plot(as.integer(state.region), state.x77[,'Murder'],
+ xaxt='n', xlim=c(0,5), col=as.integer(state.region))
> axis(1, at=1:4, labels=levels(state.region))
>
> oo <- order(order( as.integer(state.region), state.x77[,'Murder'] ))
>
> tmp.p <- rep( c(2,4), length=50 )[oo]
>
> text(as.integer(state.region), state.x77[,'Murder'], state.name,
pos=tmp.p,
+ col=as.integer(state.region))

If that is not what you want, then maybe you could give us some more
detail so we can better understand.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.