[R] small issue with densityplot

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 21 22:44:11 CEST 2007

On 8/21/07, Horace Tso <Horace.Tso at pgn.com> wrote:
> Deepayan, you're right. Now I realize anyone could write a densityplot function to apply on a different class of objects. I guess I should write to the author of lme4 which from what I could see does not describe a densityplot. By the way, it is used in Baayen, Davidson, and Bates (2006).

You're right.  It's my bad for not documenting that the coda package
is required for plots of the results of mcmcsamp.  I was trying to
piggy-back on the work that the authors of the coda package had done
on diagnostics, etc.  It was actually Deepayan and I who added the
lattice-based plots to the coda package for exactly this purpose (did
you remember that, Deepayan?).

In some ways it might be better to remove the dependence on coda and
write the classes and methods in the lme4 package.  That way I can use
S4 classes and irritate all those people who rail against S4 classes
and methods (and you know who you are).