[R] Is there any good tools to facilitate us to create R functions?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Aug 17 17:22:06 CEST 2007

zhijie zhang wrote:
> Dear R users,
>   We have some programs for the specific task in our research, but they were
> very commonly used. We want to make some functions for them, anybody can
> recommend any good tools to facilitate us to create R functions even without
> going deep into the theories of R functions ?
>   Any suggestions or help are greatly appreciated.

The tool is a) a manual, b) your eye, and after that c) your keyboard.
So, what is your "program" if it is not a function?
If my guess is right and your programm is a sequence of many lines of R
code: given you have a program that calculates the square root of x, then

myfoo <- function(x){
	sqrt(x)
}

is your function: