[R] Loading JMP Files

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 21:14:10 CEST 2007

You might want to specifically look at R Windows FAQ:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#R-can_0027t-find-my-file

In Windows, you need to use double back-slashes or use Unix-like
forward-slashes. So, for example, use:

  read.xport("D:\\Databases\\nameoffile.xpt")

Additionally, on data import matters, reading the R Data Import/Export
Manual, available online at:

  http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-data.html

or from the menus in your R installation, would be helpful.

Lastly, you should not have needed to download the 'foreign' *package*,
as it is part of the default R installation. Using:

  library(foreign)

should have been sufficient.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz