[R] papply, reuse of data

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 14 14:55:22 CEST 2007

Hello,

we are doing some computations with MPI and Rmpi. Therefore papply is a
very comfortable function.
Is it possible to reuse calculated data on slaves?

We do some calculation with papply,
then we have to do some overall calculation at the master
then we want to do some calculation on the slaves with the old results
and some new results from the master.

We do not want to send all data again from master to slave (time
expensive). Is there a way to do this with papply?

Thanks
Markus

--
Dipl.-Tech. Math. Markus Schmidberger

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
IBE - Institut für medizinische Informationsverarbeitung,
Biometrie und Epidemiologie
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 Muenchen
Mail: Markus.Schmidberger [at] ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de