[R] R Weka and cobweb

adschai at optonline.net adschai at optonline.net
Sun Aug 12 00:31:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

I never use cobweb before and I'm quite new to this. I have a couple of questions around the cobweb implementation in R Weka. If you could supply answer or insight, I would really appreciate.

1. From Fisher's paper in 1987, it seems that Cobweb only deals with nominal data. In R Weka cobweb, is it allowed to accommodate real/continuous value?
2. My understanding is that Cobweb clusters based on Category Utility function. However, if I would like to specify my own objective function, how can I do so?
3. I have about 130,000 data points (each with about 50 attributes) for training and another same amount for testing. Would this cause any memory or performance problem?

Thank you,

- adschai