[R] Positioning text in top left corner of plot

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 14:06:11 CEST 2007

Jim Lemon wrote:
> Daniel Brewer wrote:
>> Thanks for the replies, but I still cannot get what I want.  I do not
>> want the label inside the plot area, but in the top left of the paper, I
>> suppose in the margins.  When I try to use text to do this, it does not
>> seem to plot it outside the plot area.  I have also tried to use mtext,
>> but that does not really cut it, as I cannot get the label in the
>> correct position.  Ideally, it would be best if I could use legend but
>> have it outside the plot area.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Try this:
>
> plot(1:5)
> par(xpd=TRUE)
> text(0.5,5.5,"Outside")
> par(xpd=FALSE)
>
> Jim

Here is what I used in the end:
par(xpd=T)
text(-0.15*(par("usr")[2]-par("usr")[1]),par("usr")[4]+0.14*(par("usr")[4]-par("usr")[3]),labels[i],cex=1.5)
par(xpd=F)

Ans that worked a treat.
Thanks

Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.
Institute of Cancer Research
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addre...{{dropped}}