[R] Positioning text in top left corner of plot

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 13:05:31 CEST 2007

This works fine for one plot, but if it is a multiple plot (mfrow=c(2,2)
say) then each individual label is placed in the same position i.e.
absolute top left on the canvas.  I would like it top left of each
individual plot.

Thanks anyway.  Got any idea how to fix this?

Dan

Paul Murrell wrote:
> Hi
>

> Daniel Brewer wrote:
>> Thanks for the replies, but I still cannot get what I want.  I do not
>> want the label inside the plot area, but in the top left of the paper, I
>> suppose in the margins.  When I try to use text to do this, it does not
>> seem to plot it outside the plot area.  I have also tried to use mtext,
>> but that does not really cut it, as I cannot get the label in the
>> correct position.  Ideally, it would be best if I could use legend but
>> have it outside the plot area.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> plot(1:10)
> library(grid)
> grid.text("What do we want?  Text in the corner!\nWhere do we want it?
> Here!",
>           x=unit(2, "mm"), y=unit(1, "npc") - unit(2, "mm"),
>           just=c("left", "top"))
>
> Paul
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Benilton Carvalho wrote:
>>> maybe this is what you want?
>>>
>>> plot(rnorm(10))
>>> legend("topleft", "A)", bty="n")
>>>
>>> ?

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addre...{{dropped}}