[R] Positioning text in top left corner of plot

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 11:13:47 CEST 2007

Thanks for the replies, but I still cannot get what I want.  I do not
want the label inside the plot area, but in the top left of the paper, I
suppose in the margins.  When I try to use text to do this, it does not
seem to plot it outside the plot area.  I have also tried to use mtext,
but that does not really cut it, as I cannot get the label in the
correct position.  Ideally, it would be best if I could use legend but
have it outside the plot area.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Benilton Carvalho wrote:
> maybe this is what you want?
>
> plot(rnorm(10))
> legend("topleft", "A)", bty="n")
>
> ?

> On Aug 7, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Daniel Brewer wrote:
>
>> Simple question how can you position text in the top left hand corner of
>> a plot?  I am plotting multiple plots using par(mfrow=c(2,3)) and all I
>> want to do is label these plots a), b), c) etc.  I have been fiddling
>> around with both text and mtext but without much luck.  text is fine but
>>  each plot has a different scale on the axis and so this makes it
>> problematic.  What is the best way to do this?
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Dan
Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.
Institute of Cancer Research
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addre...{{dropped}}