[R] cointegration analysis

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Thu Aug 9 09:29:22 CEST 2007

Hello Dorina,

if you apply ca.jo to a system with more than five variables, a
*warning* is issued that no critical values are provided. This is not an
error, but documented in ?ca.jo. In the seminal paper of Johansen, only
cv for up to five variables are provided. Hence, you need to refer to a
different source of cv in order to determine the cointegration rank.

Best,
Bernhard