[R] plotting series of matrices on a single plot.

Urmi Trivedi uhtrivedi208 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Aug 7 11:51:55 CEST 2007

Dear experts,

I have in all 14 matrices which stands for gene expression divergence and 14 matrices which stands for gene sequence divergence. I have tried joining them by using the concatanation function giving

SequenceDivergence <- c(X1,X2,X3,X4,X5,X6,X7,X8,X9,X10,X11,X12,X13,X14)
ExpressionDivergence <- c(Y1,Y2,Y3,Y4,Y5,Y6,Y7,Y8,Y9,Y10,Y11,Y12,Y13,Y14)

where X1,X2..X14 are the expression matrices containing r-values and
Y1,Y2..Y14 are the ones with patristic distances

Now, I want to plot SequenceDivergence vs. Expression Divergence

Tried doing that using plot (Sequence Divergence vs. Expression Divergence)

But then getting the error

 Error in as.double.default(x) : (list) object cannot be coerced to 'double'

Note: The diagonal values for X1 was neglected as its seems to give some bias in my results. Code to derive X1,X2,X3..and Y1,Y2,Y3 is given as:

> EDant <- read.table("C:/ant.txt",sep="\t")
> ED1 <- as.matrix(EDant)
> X1 <- lapply(1:ncol(ED15), function(a) ED15[-a, a]) # to neglect diagonal values

I am attaching couple of matrices for your reference. ANT.txt is X1 after deleting the diagnol values, similarly,ANTEXP.TXT is Y1,  apetella.txt is X2 and
apetellaexp.txt is Y2

I tried reading R-manual and other sources but have'nt cracked it yet. Can anyone please help me regarding that?

 Thanks very much

 Yours sincerely,

 Urmi Trivedi.

 Once upon a time there was 1 GB storage in your inbox. Click here for happy ending.