[R] (Censboot, Z-score, Cox) How to use Z-score as the statistic within censboot?

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Aug 6 17:56:09 CEST 2007

David Lloyd wrote:
> Dear R Help list,
>
> My question is regarding extracting the standard error or Z-score from a
> cph or coxph call. My Cox model is: -
>
> modz=cph(Surv(TSURV,STATUS)~RAGE+DAGE+REG_WTIME_M+CLD_ISCH+POLY_VS,
> data=kidneyT,method="breslow", x=T, y=T)

You are assuming linearity for all predictors, which is unlikely.  When
you expand predictors into multiple parameters to allow for
nonlinearity, or when you have factors with >2 levels, individual
P-values will be meaningless.  You can get all Wald multiple d.f. test
stats and P-values by saving the result of anova(modz) using
anova.Design, which creates a matrix.

Frank