[R] Q: calling par() in .First()

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:26:11 CEST 2007

Thomas Lumley said the following at 08/02/2007 05:25 PM :

> par() is in the 'graphics' package, which is not loaded by the time
> .Rprofile runs.  You want graphics::par(bg='white')

Thank you, but when I tried that, I got:

  Error in graphics::par(bg = "white") : couldn't find function "X11"

However, executing an explicit "library(graphics)" seems to do the trick.
Your hint about the graphics package was what gave me the clue to try this;
thank you.

> Information from which this can be deduced and examples are in ?Startup,
> though it isn't explicitly stated there.

You are obviously much better at deducing information than I am. I had read
that quite carefully before posting my question -- and I just went back and
re-read it to see what I had missed, and I can't see anything that even
hints at any of this :-(