[R] Question regarding QT device

deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 19:40:04 CEST 2007

On 8/5/07, Saptarshi Guha <sapsi at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> 	After a few modifications in the makefiles, I successfully compiled
> the Qt device (written by Deepayan Sirkar) for OS X 10.4.9 on a
> Powerbook.

Cool, can you send me the modifications? I haven't managed to compile
qtutils on OS X yet (not that I've tried too hard).

> 	However when loading into R
>
> 	If i remove this line from zzz.R in qtutils/R
>
> grDevices::deviceIsInteractive("QT")
>
> 	and then install
> 	>library(qtutils)
>
> 	loads fine and the QT() calls returns a QT window, however, if i
> switch to another application and then switch back to the R GUI, the
> menubar has disappeared.

I can't test this, but Qt is designed to run as the main application,
so it's possible that it is overriding whatever the GUI is doing.

> 	If I do not remove the line
>
> grDevices::deviceIsInteractive("QT")
>
> 	the following error appears an qtutils does not load
> 	Error : 'deviceIsInteractive' is not an exported object from
> 'namespace:grDevices'
> 	Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'qtutils'
> 	Error: package/namespace load failed for 'qtutils'
>
> 	Could anyone provide some pointers to get that deviceIsInteractive
> to work?

What's your R version? Do you see this in 2.5.1?

-Deepayan