[R] plot to postscript orientation

Miruna Petrescu-Prahova mpetresc at uci.edu
Thu Aug 2 22:58:53 CEST 2007

 Hi

 I am trying to save some plots in a postscript file. When I generate the
plots in the main window, they appear correctly - their orientation is
landscape (i.e., horizontal). However, when I open the .ps file with GSview,
the whole page appears vertically, and the plot appears horizontally, which
means that the plot is only partially visible (example here
https://webfiles.uci.edu/mpetresc/postscript.files/default.ps ). I searched
the R-help mailing list archive and found 2 suggestions: setting the width
and height and setting horizontal = FALSE. I have tried setting the width
and height but it makes no difference. I have also tried using "horizontal =
FALSE". This rotates and elongates the plot, but it is still displayed
horizontally on a vertical page, and so only partially  visible (example
here https://webfiles.uci.edu/mpetresc/postscript.files/horiz.false.ps). I
am not sure what is wrong. Plots are created with "filled.contour".

 Thanks
 Miruna

Miruna Petrescu-Prahova
Department of Sociology