[R] Using factors in R

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Apr 28 19:28:43 CEST 2007

Pedro Sobral wrote:
> Dear R super-users,
>
> I am quite new in using R and I am not  managing to edit factors.
>
> Lest suppose that one has the following data:
>
> Factor A
>  Factor B
>  Factor C
> Claims
>
> Factor A has 3 factors (1,2 and 3). To simplify the glm model I only want to
> have 2 factor (let's say 1 and 3).

You mean factor A has 3 *levels*, I think.

The question is how you want to remove level 2: exclude the observations
or join those in 2 with those of another level (hence making them
observations with level 1 or 3)?

BTW: A more worked out example would be helpful to provide example code
that solves your problem - as the posting guide suggests.

Uwe Ligges