[R] Getting Confused [Broadcast]

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Apr 25 18:14:56 CEST 2007

If you are serious in getting useful help, please do try to follow
suggestions in the Posting Guide.  You have not told us anything about
your OS, the versions of R you tried to install, and exactly what you
typed to build/install them.

Many Linux distro by default do not install the Fortran part of GCC, so
don't be surprised if that's the case for you (if you are trying to do
this on some version of Linux).

Andy

From: Steiner, Julien