[R] aovlmer.fnc, lmer and binomial response

Daniel E. Bunker deb37 at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 24 17:58:22 CEST 2007

Dear R-users,

I have recently discovered the languageR package and its aovlmer.fnc
which offers a very slick way to test fixed effects hypotheses in lmer
models using mcmc.

However, the R help page for aovlmer.fnc states that the lmer object
must be based a continuous response variable. I take it this means that
it will not work with family="binomial"? If so, how can I modify it to
assess binomial response data?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

-Dan

--
Daniel E. Bunker
BioMERGE Associate Director