[R] write

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Apr 24 15:40:13 CEST 2007

Hi

had you consider to look at help page? How do you expect your written file
to be named?

>From help page

write is a wrapper for cat, which gives further details on the format used
cat is useful for producing output in user-defined functions. It converts
its arguments to character strings, concatenates them, separating them by
the given sep= string, and then outputs them
save for writing any R objects, write.table for data frames, and scan for
reading data
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
write.table(F, "some.file.name", sep= "\t")

can maybe do what you want.

Help provided with your installation is probably the quickiest way how to
evaluate things about commands without waiting for usually delayed and
sometimes ironical answer.

Regards
Petr

BTW, F can state for FALSE so if you stick with such names you can be
somtimes quite confused however smart is R in evaluating functions and
objects.