[R] .RData saved on exit, but not .Rhistory?

Ian Davis iwd32900 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 18:09:25 CEST 2007

Apologies in advance if I've misunderstood something or this is a
stupid question.

When using the R on my Mac (2.4.1 and 2.3.0), if I exit and ask to save
the workspace, .RData is updated but .Rhistory is not.  Introduction to
R makes it sound like both should be saved, and it clearly happened for
me at some point in the past:  I have some (very old) commands in my
.Rhistory, and these are loaded at startup, but new entries are not
added.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong??

Much thanks,
Ian