[R] fitting mixed models to censored data?

Douglas Grove dgrove at scharp.org
Mon Apr 23 20:29:24 CEST 2007

Hi Bert,

Yes, I am always wary when one software offers something that
other do not.

The censoring I'm faced with (at present) isn't as complicated
as with much 'survival' data.  I'm trying to analyze assay data
and have a lower limit of detection (LLD) to contend with.
Once the level of the analyte gets low enough it can't be
accurately quantitated, hence all that is reported is that
the level is less than some value (the LLD).

So I'm not worried about all the complex assumptions that go along
with censoring in clinical trials, etc.

Thanks,
Doug