[R] Positioning in xyplot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 22:31:45 CEST 2007

On 4/21/07, Michael Kubovy <kubovy at virginia.edu> wrote:
> Hi Deepayan,
>
> There appears to be a small problem in the code you created to
> reposition one panel in xyplot: it plots the panels but not the
> contents. Putting together everything that you did on this problem, I
> have the following:

Not sure what you mean. Pasting your code gives me a nice meaningless
mishmash of multicolored lines in all 5 panels.

[...]

> I also wonder why one doesn't need to call panel.xyplot().

One does. The panel function (copied from your code) is:

panel.leftaxes <- function(...)
{
   if (panel.number() == 5)
      panel.axis("left", outside = TRUE,
                  line.col = "black")
   panel.xyplot(...)
}

The panel.xyplot() call is not part of the if() block, so gets called
for all panels.

-Deepayan