[R] Partitioning around mediods (PAM)

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 20 18:15:30 CEST 2007

You've asked the almost identical question yesterday.
 {that *de*creases the probability of getting help in some cases!}

If you take a little effort and follow the posting guide
   (keywords  "reproducible example"; "not using HTML in e-mails"),
I (and many others) gladly will help you further.

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich

    nathaniel> Hi,
    nathaniel> I need some help understanding the output from PAM. When I look at the output it doesn't list the cluster number by the median vlaues on each of the variables (like it does with k-means) Instead I have the following:

    nathaniel> So I know for instance cluster 1 has a mean for variable1 of 33.33, however when I run PAM i get:
    nathaniel> variable 1     variable2
    nathaniel> 29    32                12
    nathaniel> 97    12                 9
    nathaniel> 308  106               8
    nathaniel> 217  62                 2

    nathaniel> Does 29 relate to cluster 1,  and 97 to cluster2 etc.

    nathaniel> Hope this makes sense,

    nathaniel> Nathaniel

    nathaniel> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]