[R] Suggestions for statistical computing course

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Apr 20 15:52:54 CEST 2007

I really like John Monahan's Numerical Methods of Statistics (Cambridge
University Press).

As to running/editing R scripts, you may want to look into JGR.  The
built-in editor is not as "smart" as ESS in some respect, but "smarter"
than ESS in others.  The only thing that keep me from using it regularly
is the fact that it won't take arguments to R itself (at least on
Windows):  I need the --internet2 argument to be able to access the net
from R.

Andy

From: Giovanni Petris