[R] Innstalling packages in Vista

toftaker at stud.ntnu.no toftaker at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Apr 19 16:03:56 CEST 2007

Hi

I am having problems innstalling new packages in R on my vista system.
The error message was

Error in zip.unpack(pkg, tmpDir) : cannot open file 'C:/Program
Files/R/R-2.4.1/library/file195610e4/tree/chtml/tree.chm

When I tried to find a solution to the problem it became clear to me that
I was not the only one having the same problem. I tried deleting the
file from the .zip file and then innstall again, but then the error
message was

Error in zip.unpack(pkg, tmpDir) : cannot open file 'C:/Program
Files/R/R-2.4.1/library/file74c36fd9/tree_1.0-25[1]/tree/libs/tree.dll

so it seems like it is not only .chm files that are problematic.

Håkon Toftaker