[R] importing excel-file

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Wed Apr 18 19:56:05 CEST 2007

John C Frain wrote:

> To avoid complications, save your file as comma separated and use one
> of the instructions for reading delimited files.  If you are using a
> comma as a decimal point you are probably using ; as a separator.  If
> this is so use read.csv2.  Please see the help files for read.table.

I think the problem is that we _can't_ alter or write the excel
file, or it would be unpractical to do it (say, this xls file
is generated by someone else once a day, and we must use it).

I usually save the excel file to plain text, and then read it - but
this is not the best solution when the file keeps changing.

Alberto Monteiro