[R] importing excel-file

Gabor Csardi csardi at rmki.kfki.hu
Wed Apr 18 19:22:19 CEST 2007

There is also a read.xls command in package gdata, it seems that it uses
a perl script called 'xls2csv'. I've have no idea how good this is,
never tried it.

Btw, xlsReadWrite is Windows-only, so you can use it only if
you use windows.

Gabor

ps. Corinna, to be honest, i've no idea what kind online help you've
read, there is plenty. Next time try to be more specific please.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 03:07:51PM -0200, Alberto Monteiro wrote:
> Corinna Schmitt wrote:
> >
> > It is a quite stupid question but please help me. I am very
> > confuced. I am able to import normal txt ant mat-files to R but
> > unable to import .xls-file
> >
> I've tried two ways to import excel files, but none of them
> seems perfect.
[...]

--
Csardi Gabor <csardi at rmki.kfki.hu>    MTA RMKI, ELTE TTK