[R] how to estimate dose from respond given drc package result

John McNeil jam at xardas.com
Tue Apr 17 19:36:45 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I can use the very nice drc package (multdrc()) to model and plot a
dataframe containing dose and response values. I can also use
predict.drc() to yield response values given a dose. I need to do the
opposite, estimate a dose given the response. The general predict
documentation seems to say that this is possible, but it does not
appear that predict.drc has that capability. This makes sense because
it is easy to compute y values from x values, given the fitted
equation, but it is hard to do the opposite.

It seems that I need to do some kind of successive approximation. Is
there a package that takes a multdrc generated model and estimates
dose given response?

Thank you all for your time,

John