[R] help comparing two median with R

Pedro A Reche reche at research.dfci.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 17 10:52:11 CEST 2007

Dear R users,
I am new to R and  I would like to ask your help with the following
topic. I have three sets of numeral data, 2 sets are paired and a
third is independent of the other two. For each of these sets I have
obtained their basic statistics (mean, median, stdv, range ...).
Now I want to compare if these sets differ. I could compare the mean
doing a basic T test . However, I was looking for a test to compare
the medians using R.   If that is possible I would love to hear the
specifics.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Regards,

pedro reche