[R] It is possible to Expand RAM with HD space?

Jorge Cornejo-Donoso jorgecornejo at uach.cl
Mon Apr 16 22:09:19 CEST 2007

I'm using R in a winXp machine. I have problems with the size of my database
(xyz), anyone know if is possible to use some kind of swap memory, in order
to expand my real RAM and use HD space for the processes?
I'm trying to make a variogram, and I don't want to sacrifice the precision
of the data, e.g. using mean or median by defined pixels or something like
that (now I have to do that, or use other software like SAS).

Thanks in advance!