[R] Difficulty with formatting scatter.smooth output

Bing Ho 2bingho at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 13 18:41:03 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have been using scatter.smooth and been trying to format my plots
and been unable to adjust the line type or color of the smooth curve.

When I specify col in scatter.smooth, I can adjust the color of the
scatter plot points, but the line always stays black and solid. lty
has no effect.

When I specify par prior to calling scatter.smooth, col will change
the color of the points, smoothed line, and bounding box. lty,
col.axis, col.lab work as expected.

What I would like to be able to do is format each element of the graph
specifically - bounding box, points, and smoothed curve.

Thank you for any advice.