[R] NYC Area R / S / S-Plus Users Group Forming, Thursday, April 26th

Talbot Katz topkatz at msn.com
Fri Apr 13 03:06:57 CEST 2007

Hi gang.

So I'm actually carrying through on the threat I made a couple of months
back, and helping to start a local users group for the NYC Metropolitan
area.  Here's a copy of the announcement of our introductory / planning
meeting, I also can send a flyer version of this to anyone who wants (Open
Office document, should be viewable in MS-Office).  Please feel free to
attend, invite friends and colleagues, and spread the word around.  Thanks!

!!!NYC Area R / S / S-Plus Users Group Forming!!!

Yes, it's really happening!  An organization for users of the popular R
and S-Plus statistical / analytical / graphical software environments in
the NYC Metropolitan Area to call their own.  Swap ideas, share code,
learn cool tricks and techniques!

Introductory / Organizing Meeting

WHEN: Thursday, April 26th, 2007, 6:30 – 8:00 PM

WHERE: Pragma Financial Systems, 447 Broadway, 4th Floor, NYC, 10013
PFS is on the west side of Broadway, between Grand and Howard Streets, a
block and a half north of the Canal / Lafayette Street subway stop
(6,J,M,N,Q,R,W,Z trains)

WHAT: Here's your opportunity to be a Founding MembeR – give your input
about what you'd like the group to be; we'll also have short presentations
on Vectorization & Efficiency, and on Robust Statistical procedures in R.

Light refreshment will be served, so RSVP appreciated (not required).
Even if you can't attend, you can still join,
CONTACT: Talbot Katz, katz at pragmafs.com, 646.461.7840

If you don't already use R, you could (should!) start today – download R
for free from the official R Project website (http://www.r-project.org/).
The R Project site contains a wealth of resources for users, including FAQ
pages, a user Wiki, Help List / newsgroup, book suggestions, etc.  There
is already an active R / S / S-Plus user community online, but nothing
compares with having live presentations, forums, & workshops – you'll see!