[R] sas.get problem

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 11 19:56:06 CEST 2007

--- Cody_Hamilton at Edwards.com wrote:

> John,
>
> I believe the format file must have a .sc or
> .sas7bcat  file extension (not
> .sas7bdat which is a sas dataset extension).  I
> think that's why you're
> getting the error F:/sas/formats.sc? or
> formats.sas7bcat not found.

I looked at that about 4 times and did not see it.
Thanks. That  is probably the major problem I am
having getting the files to load in SAS. I knew it was
a format problem but since the format worked with SPSS
I didn't think of that.

> Also, is the carriage return after '"C:/Program  in
> the code below caused
> by copying and pasting into the email or is the code
> that way in your
> program?

That's a Cut & Paste problem but thanks for catching
it.

Well time to finish lunch and hike back to the
computer lab.  I'm beginning to regret being to cheap
to ask for an SAS licence :(

I may get this running today after all.  I really
don't want to do a SAS > SPSS > R route.  It is a bit
too much like a Rube Goldbeg cartoon.

Thanks