[R] How do I back transforme ordinary log-krigged prediction values?

Zia Uddin Ahmed zua3 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 10 21:16:55 CEST 2007

Farrar,

I did ordinary kriging (OK) after log10 transformation. I need to
backtransfer my predicted data to original unit. You are right! Anti-log
of the predictions for bcaktransformation might give biased values. For
minimize the biasness, it is necessary know the lagrange-multiplier (y)
and prediction error (s).

"We can not just exponentiate the estimate, because the estimate is a
weighted sum(not product!) of logarithms".

This is the  formula for back-transformation  OK predictions:
Z(~x0) = e{ˆY (~x0)+s2OK(~x0)/2-y}

I do not know, how to extract lagrange-multiplier  after OK prediction in
gstat in R.

Thanks

Zia