[R] transfer function models

Natalia natali-f at softhome.net
Thu Apr 5 00:33:37 CEST 2007

Dear Sam,

I´ve found your posting on
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2005-January/063966.html
about transfer funtion in SAS. I´m writing my diploma thesis in Germany
right now and can´t find any good documentation which would explain how
dynamic regression is realized in SAS.Do you happen to know what numerator
and denominator factors refer to in the original formula and why these
have seasonal order? I also wonder if I should determine ARIMA parameters
first and then dynamic regressors or vice versa. I never had these modells
in a class and I study business administration, so it is not that easy for
me to find a solution even though I´m alsready looking for a while and
meanwhile I get pretty desperate about my whole work:( Any answer from you
I´ll appreciate greatly. If there is any way for a business student to
calculate the trasfer function in R where can one find some examples?

Thanks ahead.

Best regards,
Nata