[R] compile errors with rgl-0.70.570 on FreeBSD

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Wed Apr 4 21:12:55 CEST 2007

Thank you for your work on rgl.

Reading in another thread about your new (inofficial) version of rgl
(see below) I tried it with R version 2.5.0 alpha (2007-03-31 r40986)
under FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT. Unfortunately I got the following error:

-------
#R CMD INSTALL rgl_0.70.570.tar.gz
* Installing to library '/usr/local/lib/R/library'
* Installing *source* package 'rgl' ...
checking for libpng-config... yes
configure: using libpng-config
configure: using libpng dynamic linkage
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking GL/gl.h usability... no
checking GL/gl.h presence... no
checking for GL/gl.h... no
checking GL/glu.h usability... no
checking GL/glu.h presence... no
checking for GL/glu.h... no
configure: error: missing required header GL/gl.h
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'rgl'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/library/rgl'
** Restoring previous '/usr/local/lib/R/library/rgl'
-------

This version is not able to find any GL files on my system.

I did not have any problems compiling rgl_0.70.564.tar.gz.

If I can test anything please let me know.

Rainer