[R] (Newbie)Basic Basic global vs. local variables

projection83 mkurowski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 02:11:18 CEST 2007

My R code has got too complex to have a non-modular approach. Ive done some
coding in other languages before, but I somehow cant figure out R's general
rules for global and local variables. I have put a simple code below, if
anyone can show me what i need to add to make this work, i would greatly
appreciate it!

#----------------------------------------
g_Means<-numeric()

defineSamples<- function()
	{
		g_Means<-5
	}

runit<-function()
	{
		defineSamples()
		g_Means #####<<This returns "numeric(0)", and not "5"
	}

runit()