[R] Build error on Windows

Pankaj Savdekar savdekar at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:53:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to build R-2.3.1 on windows, but make gives me following error
while building pkg-base:
---------- Making package base ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
make[4]: *** [frontmatter] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [pkg-base] Error 2
make[1]: *** [rpackage] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Please note that R.exe, Rterm.exe, Rgui.exe, RCmd.exe are build without any
errors.

I have three questions, can anyone please help me to resolve it?
1. How to solve (or get more details) of the above mentioned error?
2. When I run Rterm.exe it takes 25-30% CPU time, but doesn't provide me the
command prompt, is there anyway to log/trace, to know the issues in Rterm?
3. Despite error mentioned above (Frontmatter) I tried building other
packages and was able to build few. But still RGui.exe shows warning saying
there is no package called 'datasets', 'utils' etc. Can someone please point
me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj