[R] Loading rgdal library

Michael Rhead Enion rhead.enion at yale.edu
Fri Sep 29 06:24:05 CEST 2006

I am trying to load the rgdal library in Mac OS X 10.4.7 (pismo g3
500 mhz).

I already loaded sp  and compiled rgdal successfully, such that rgdal
shows up in the package manager GUI.  But when I try to load rgdal, I
get the following error message:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library '/Users/rhead/Library/R/library/rgdal/
libs/ppc/rgdal.so':
   dlopen(/Users/rhead/Library/R/library/rgdal/libs/ppc/rgdal.so, 6):
no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Users/rhead/Library/R/library/rgdal/libs/ppc/rgdal.so: mach-o, but
wrong architecture
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'rgdal'

Any help in fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rhead