[R] histogram colors in lattice

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 05:58:43 CEST 2006

Try this:

library(lattice)
set.seed(1)  ## added for reproducibility
Start <- factor(rbinom(100,1,.5))
Answer <- 2 - rbinom(100,1,.7)

histogram(~Answer | Start,
         breaks=c(1, 1.4 ,1.6,2),
         scales=list(x=list(at=c(1.2,1.8),labels=c("Yes","No"))),
         panel = function(x, ..., panel.number, col) {  ## added this
panel function
              panel.histogram(x, ..., col = panel.number+1)
          },
         xlab="",ylab="")