[R] s language version and complie languages

Taka Matzmoto sell_mirage_ne at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 07:08:55 CEST 2006

Hi R users

Which version of S does the current R version use? Venables and Ripley's
book (2000) says R is version 3 of S language. Is there any change since
2000 ?

I searched R-help archive for using C or C++ with R. Although there are some
postings, I am looking for up-to-date answers. Which one ( C and C++)  works
better with R? What complier is the best suited for R ( gcc or visual c++ or
others)?

Taka,