[R] "summarry.lm" and NA values

r user ruser2006 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 23:10:54 CEST 2006

Gentlemen,

(I am using R 2.2.1 in a Windows environment.)

I apologize but I did not fully comprehend all of your
answer.  I have a dataframe called “data1”.  I run
several liner regression using the lm function similar
to:

reg <- ( lm(lm(data1[,2] ~., data1[,2:4])) )

I see from generous answers below how I can use
"coef(reg)" to extract the coefficient estimates.  (If
the coefficient for a variable is for some reason NA,
"coef(reg)"  returns  NA for that coefficient, which
is what I want.)

My question:
What is the best way to get the standard errors,
including NA values that “go with” each of these
coefficient estimates?  (i.e. If the coefficient
estimate is NA, I similarly want the standard error to
come back as NA, so that the length of coef(reg) is
the same as the length of the vector that contains the
standard errors. )

Thanks very much for all your help, and I apologize
for my need of additional assistance.