[R] non linear modelling with nls: starting values

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 06:01:46 CEST 2006

You could try fitting several cases:

- fit the reduced model with only one exp term, i.e. one of the alphas is 0
- fit the model with both alpha's constrained to be positive &
sufficiently away from 0
- fit the model with both alpha's negative & sufficiently away from 0
- fit the model with one positive and one negative and sufficiently away from 0