[R] currency or stock trading strategy

Darren Weber darrenleeweber at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 20:52:42 CEST 2006

Hi Patrick,

thanks for pointing me to your work and Rmetrics.

I have a few questions on my mind right now.  Do you have methods for
automatic download of price quote histories?  I can use python to get
XML data on FOREX price quotes from the NYRB and other sites.
Together with Rpy and matplotlib, that data download could form the
basis for an open source technical analysis platform.  I still need
some way to get open source price quote histories for stocks and
options.  Any ideas?

Best, Darren