[R] plot region too large

Kiermeier, Andreas (PIRSA - SARDI) Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Fri Sep 15 06:35:03 CEST 2006

The figure margins come from what is set in par("mar"), eg

> layout(matrix(c(1:10),5,2),heights=c(1,rep(2,4)))
> par("mar")
[1] 5.1 4.1 4.1 2.1

There is not enough space left to plot anything with those margins.  You
will need to make them smaller first, e.g.

> par(mar=c(1,1,1,1,))
> plot(1,1)

In which case things work.

Cheers,

Andreas

_____________________________
Dr Andreas Kiermeier
Senior Statistician
SARDI FOOD SAFETY PROGRAM

33 Flemington Street
Glenside   SA   5065
Ph:	+61 8 8207 7884
Fax:	+61 8 8207 7854
Mob:	0423 028 565

Email: Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Web: http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au/
_____________________________
If you would like to correspond with me in a secure way, using public
key encryption, please contact me directly for details of my GPG public
key or visit the SARDI website, where you can download my public key
from my personal staff page.

The information in this e-mail and attachments (if any) may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken is
prohibited. SARDI, The South Australian Research and Development
Institute, is the research division of Primary Industries and Resources
(SA)

layout(matrix(c(1:10),5,2),heights=c(1,rep(2,4)))
plot(1,1)
error in plot.new() :  plot region too large

Why??????

Thanks!
Kamila