[R] wireplot margins and additional z-axis

Klaus Nordhausen klausch at gmx.de
Wed Sep 13 10:04:01 CEST 2006

Dear Deepayan,

sorry for not being clear - but my problem has nothing to do with the aspect. If I create the eps the following way

library(lattice)
plot.vol<- wireframe(volcano,
               aspect = c(1,1.5), scales=list(arrows=F),zlab=list("Z-axis",rot=90))

postscript("example_plot_3.eps", width = 14.0/2.54, height = 19.0/2.54,
                horizontal = FALSE, onefile = FALSE,paper="special")
trellis.par.set("axis.line",list(alpha=1,col=1,lty=1,lwd=1))
print(plot.vol)
dev.off()

The plot is still not in the left bottom corner of the file. There is a lot of space below the outer box line. If I include this eps in latex it will also include this space and if I put for example the figure caption below it I have this huge gap between actual graph and caption.

And for comparison, if I create with xyplot an eps like

postscript("example_plot_4.eps", width = 14.0/2.54, height = 19.0/2.54,
                horizontal = FALSE, onefile = FALSE,paper="special")

    Depth <- equal.count(quakes$depth, number=8, overlap=.1)
     plot.depth<-xyplot(lat ~ long | Depth, data = quakes)
     update(trellis.last.object(),
            strip = strip.custom(strip.names = TRUE, strip.levels = TRUE),
            par.strip.text = list(cex = 0.75),
            aspect = "iso")

print(plot.depth)
dev.off()

the figure is really in the left bottom corner and included in latex has not that gap between caption and actual figure.

I hope this describes my problem better.

Klaus

--

Echte DSL-Flatrate ab 0,- Euro* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl