[R] Updating lmer - object is not subsettable?

Jarrett Byrnes jebyrnes at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 13 06:10:49 CEST 2006

Of course.  The traceback is as follows.  If you wish, I can
privately email you the data, as well as the function I'm working on.

17: all.names(x)
16: inherits(x, "factor")
15: is.factor(table)
14: match(x, table, nomatch = 0)
13: "/" %in% all.names(x)
12: slashTerms(x[[3]])
11: FUN(X[[1]], ...)
10: lapply(bb, function(x) {
         if (is.list(trms <- slashTerms(x[[3]])))
             return(lapply(unlist(makeInteraction(trms)), function
(trm) substitute(foo |
                 bar, list(foo = x[[2]], bar = trm))))
     })
9: unlist(lapply(bb, function(x) {
        if (is.list(trms <- slashTerms(x[[3]])))
            return(lapply(unlist(makeInteraction(trms)), function
(trm) substitute(foo |
                bar, list(foo = x[[2]], bar = trm))))
    }))
8: expandSlash(findbars(formula[[3]]))
7: lmer(formula = sim.data ~ (1 | Trial), data = exp.data, method =
"ML")
6: lmer(formula = sim.data ~ (1 | Trial), data = exp.data, method =
"ML")
5: eval(expr, envir, enclos)
4: eval(call, parent.frame())
3: .local(object, ...)